Wednesday, November 29, 2006

CTE presentation

I used Wikispaces to introduce to my classmates in the Centre for Theological Education some of the tools available for online learning, and questions around their application in our contexts. I had a good time, and there was good discussion of important issues, so I think it was a success. I'll know it was if discussion continues via the wiki.
Then I opened my bloglines to surf for a bit when I got home, and found that the first two keynote speakers mentioned on the website advertising Online Educa, happening now in Berlin, are
  • Hon. Prof. George Saitoti, Minister of Education, Science and Technology, Kenya
  • George Siemens, eLearnspace & Complexive Systems Inc., Canada
Robert, one of the CTE students, knows Hon. Professor George Saitoti, and I consider George Siemens a friend, though we've yet to meet face-to-face.

No comments: